Terms & Conditions
CONSULTATION AGREEMENT CONTRACT
By accepting and paying for your initial consultation the client agrees to the following with Simone Harding (SH)
During the initial consultation you are invited to discuss information that allows SH to understand how to support you. A plan of care will be discussed and agreed together with ongoing opportunities for review. You may decide to end our work together at this point or continue working together on a program or ad-hoc basis.
The initial session is 90 minutes in length, and follow-up sessions last 45 minutes. Longer sessions, and more frequent sessions, can be negotiated if you require more intensive support. If you are late for an appointment the session will still end at the arranged time.
You are required to pay for sessions, which are missed or cancelled, with less than 48 hours notice. Please note payment is required before your scheduled session/s start. You will receive request to pay at the time of booking the initial consultation via PayPal or Square. Please note all pre-paid packages paid for upfront are non-refundable and are subject to a time limit in which they need to be used. The time limit will be made explicit upon booking.
It is important that you attend sessions regularly. However, if you do need to cancel an appointment please let SH know via email, phone or text with at least 48 hours notice. You can do this in advance in a session.
If you miss a session without prior discussion, you will be contacted once. If a second missed appointment occurs without prior it will be assumed you no longer require the sessions and your contract will be terminated.
Clients of SH are confidential including all discussions within sessions. There are some legal exceptions to confidentiality, which SH will discuss. These are standard with any healthcare provider who is professionally regulated.
If SH has immediate concerns about your safety, or the safety of another person, confidentiality may be compromised for safeguarding reasons. You will be asked to provide your GP’s contact details, and a next of kin.
Record Keeping & Data Protection
SH retains a record of your name, contact details and dates and times of appointments on a password-protected database. SH is required to keep brief notes about the focus of your work. These are kept securely and are password protected. Any reports produced by SH to evaluate the service contains anonymous data and will not contain any identifying information of clients. SH operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Problems & Complaints
If you are having a problem with SH, or the service, which you have not been able to resolve please provide written details of the concern.
Working on Skype, Phone & FaceTime
It is your responsibility to have a working internet connection for all Skype and FaceTime sessions. You will be charged for scheduled sessions if SH is waiting for your call, but you are unable to connect online. We will call you for any phone sessions to a UK landline or mobile number if you are in the UK.
SH practices in accordance with the Association for Nutrition Ethical Framework and in line with SH policies regarding Equal Opportunities and Safety.
The Therapy Descriptor
Nutritional Counselling with SH is the application of evidence-based nutrition science, counselling skills, and the science of behaviour, integrated. SH may draw from a combination of therapeutic approaches to help you in your needs including: mindfulness, person-centred counselling, motivational interviewing and nutrition science.
Nutrition counselling is not a replacement for medical advice. SH is not medically qualified and if you have any concerns regarding your health you should visit your GP at the earliest convenience.
SH will never recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with ‘red flag’ signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client’s care to explain any care that has been provided.
SH requests that the Client notes the following:-
- The degree of benefit obtainable from the service may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar programme. Guidance will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between both parties.
- SH not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions.
- Nutritional counselling is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
The Client understands and agrees to the following:–
- I am responsible for contacting my GP about any health concerns.
- I give permission for you to contact my GP regarding any agreed aspects of my case:
- If I am receiving treatment from my GP, or any other medical provider, I should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by SH. This is necessary because of any possible reaction between medication and any interactions between single nutrients and medication.
- It is important that I tell SH about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements, I am taking as this may affect guidance.
- Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without the written permission by both SH and you the client.
Copyright © Simone Harding